Sunday, July 4, 2010

winter's here

Hi guys, WWOOFer host Lou here, thanks to Kat one of our first WWOOFers for all her hard work and input on the blog. I am not anywhere near as technomologically competent as her, so please bear with me and my blogs.....

winter's here, lots of rain and tropical winds blowing the house around and scaring the dog so much that he now thinks he has to sleep in my room too. Blessings have been upon the project, as during the most recent fine spell, my neighbour decided to mow his lawn, and very kindly donated the grass clippings to the dug-over soon-to-be-vege patch. This has all now been thoroughly rained on, and looks like it was always there! I am sure I can hear the ground soaking up all the lovely nutrition from recent applications of lots of horse poo, various mulch, this grass layer, and some cardboard for extra fibre. A small path is being laid along the side of the vege patch, using cardboard boxes for underlay, and a top layer of old plastic potting mix bags. The terribly sloping ground is slowly being levelled as more mulch goes on, it's really looking like it might be coming together.

well, so far so good for first posting, will quit while I'm ahead, and go and see what else might be interesting and technically translatable! and roll on spring...

No comments:

Post a Comment